Monday, June 08, 2009

Jun 8: Progress report(s)

Okay, vacation weight has been banished to... um... hey, where does the fat go when we get rid of it? Is there another Lindsay in a parallel universe who just keeps getting fatter? Would that also mean there is a super-skinny Lindsay universe too, who sacrifices fat every time I gain weight? I guess that would mean I'm the Jerry Seinfeld Lindsay: even Steven.

Anyway! So yeah, at last check, my weight is at 150 which means I can say that I have lost 15 pounds in total since January. I am trying hard not to refer to this number sheepishly, because I feel like it should be a lot higher. And it would be, if I didn't keep veering off course with my eating habits. But you know, I'm still here, right? I'm still working out regularly. And I am still a person who struggles with binge eating disorder, so, hellz, 15 pounds is a-okay. I decided last week that I'd like to be 10 pounds less than I was on May 3 (the date I ran the Sporting Life 10k), when I run the Toronto Island 10k in the fall. So I have 8 pounds to go, which at my current rate is an achievable goal.

I need to make another video, I know. I haven't bothered with measurments for awhile because they haven't changed. But I can still make a video, just for shits 'n' gigs and to liven things up around here.

So, how are y'all doing? Making progress? In a holding pattern? Gaining? Feeling okay? Feeling frustrated? Avoiding feeling? Share, if you can or want. I think it helps everyone to know they're not alone, or to be inspired by those who are in a good place.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, you!

    I am doing okay. Lots of stuff going on, some stress about money etc...you know...LIFE.

    I'm eating better - at least more healthy again - but not LESS necessarily. However, my 2x/week with Sarah since March has been the most consistent I've been with a fitness program since swim team in college...so YAY! I can feel the changing shape of my body too, more muscle tone in my shoulders and arms and my butt and hips are looser in my jeans.

    I think if I worked out on the OTHER days that I'm not with Sarah, I'd be more fit, faster...but my mornings are packed already with chores and building a website for a practice, etc...you know..that LIFE thing again.

    I'm remembering what you told me on here, or somewhere, that with all that is going on in my life: Sick mom, Teenage Kid, Building a Practice, Full time job (and LDR Boyfriend, although now it's LDR Best Friend...) I should be proud that I get exercise twice a week!

    So I hold onto that, and feel good about what I CAN manage.

    You have been so important in all this, Linny. I want you to know that.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dylan, that's so awesome that you can see and feel the progress you're making with Sarah. And consistency with a fitness program is a BIG WIN in my view. Especially with all that's going on in your life - having carved out a time that is reserved for exercise twice a week is awesome. Especially since you have to get up so gee-dee early to do it.

    I think it's so, SO effing GREAT that you "feel good about what you CAN do" rather than get down on yourself about stuff you can't do. This is exactly the sort of mentality that I strive for, though I don't always get there. It's a great reason for writing and hosting this blog, because those days we can't remember it for ourselves, somebody else comes along and reminds us.

    Thanks for your kindness and support, sweet Dylan. I feel the same way about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, Linnyqat, I am thinking I will just lose myself in my work.

    I overeat a little, my weight stays the same; I practice what was once for me the gold standard of healthful eating, which used to result in weight loss....my weight stays the same.

    And here is the worst, the worst. I exercise, and it does no good. As far as the number on the scale, that is. I tell myself that exercise by itself will make me feel better and look better.....yet there is the desire to fit into some of the favorite summer clothes, which just don't fit.

    So I am kind of numb, about a few things in fact, and so I am burying myself in my job and my upcoming role in the new production of Joan of Arc at Fort Tryon Park.

    love from
    Diane

    p.s. maybe I should buy a new scale? it's bizarre how this old one never changes by an ounce.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey D, I totally relate. Your query about buying a new scale made me think of this hilarious video one of the YouTube dieters made a couple months ago. Totally cracked me up.

    It's very frustrating trying to figure out how to jumpstart a malingering metabolism. I've definitely had the same experience this past spring, although I have also indulged in some binge eating here and there. Maybe your body is just where it wants to be? Ugh, I know that's not something you want to read, especially if you want to lose weight.

    You were talking about checking in with a nutritionist a couple weeks back. Have you given any further thought to that idea?

    Hang in there dollface. We're all here for each other...

    ReplyDelete