Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Dec 22: Merry Catmas to all!

Hey there Christmas Cats!

Just checking in before taking awff. For those of you who must know: lost a pound this week. Three week total: 6.5 pounds (kicking and screaming). My scale attempted to foil me this morning and at first it said I'd only lost half a pound. I persisted, and eventually won out. After a half pound week last week and THIRTY NINE (ah, ha, ha, haaaaaaaa) ACTIVITY POINTS EARNED this week, I was not taking anything less than a pound of weight loss. My scale fears me, as well it should.

So I hope you've all been burning tons of fat with all this godforsaken bullshitting fuckmaking Christmas shopping assiness. And of course peace on earth. I swear, I might as well wrap myself in Saran Wrap before heading out into the madness. Or so it feels like, anyway.

Last week's triumph
On Friday we had our office Christmas party. It was the first fun one ever on record. Nice going, Cancer! I am very pleased to report that, although booze and cupcakes were served, I partook of neither. I danced vigorously (gave myself two Activity Points) and stuck primly to four pieces of vegetarian sushi. THEN I went to my workout with Derek! THEN I walked up the hill to the pub to meet SuperBarb and the Boyz and stuck primly to salad w/ grilled chicken and white wine. Okay, six glasses. Still though. It was good to be righteously shitfaced. Then on Saturday I didn't even stuff my face with greasy hangover carbs because alas, I had used up all my flex points for the week already. THE STEELY DETERMINATION! (It helps if you don't get up til noon - less eating time to avoid.)

The week ahead
Alright, it's Christmas. The office is full of Point-y delicioush crap. And then I'm going home for a long weekend of festivussing. This is my pledge to you: I will stick within my points, and if I go over, I will earn them back in Activity Points. (Normally I try not to swap my Activity Points for food if I can help it.) Mostly I just want to not gain weight.

I want to thank you all for sticking with me this past year and always being so supportive and empathetic. I hope you all have a warm, happy, functional holiday with the people you love. With portion-appropriate servings of delicioushnesh!

xo,
Lindsay


3 comments:

  1. merry catamas to you, lindsay! i'm so happy that you're back on a new track, not giving up hope for too long, seeking new ways to go where woman has occasionally gone before.

    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I posted a comment but its not here....

    Hmmm....

    Anyway, what I wanted to tell ya is how inspirational you are, darlin'. How do you do this during the holidays? Wow. Great going!

    I haven't started officially...the bereavement food has stopped, but I have a variety of goodies still available: Ice cream, butter cookies, frango mints....my triumph is that not only am I not eating them, its also that I don't really WANT them. Yesterday I had three frango mints, and that's it. I didn't even think about them the rest of day/evening. That's new. The ice cream has been in the freezer for 6 weeks, the cookies are starting to go stale.

    I'm not eating my desired amounts of fruits and veggies however, or drinking enough water. Goals for next week.

    Thanks for being you, cwazy cat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good for you, Lindsay! i think you'll look totally hawt wrapped in saran wrap...

    xoxo
    trish

    ReplyDelete