Saturday, April 23, 2011

Apr 23: Fresh numbrrrs!

It's the weekend! The long weekend! Ba-da-buh-buh-baaaah I'm lovin' it.

So as you know, I like to count. I know I'm always joking about how the numbers aren't important and it's all about healthy lifestyle blah blah tofucakes. But for me, the binge eating/ food obsessing thing is a compulsive behaviour. People use compulsive behaviours to cope with the big bad world when a more grounded, in-the-moment sort of approach may be beyond their reach. When I make efforts to rein myself in and cut out that compulsive behaviour, it makes sense that I would offset the loss by turning to another obsession, right? I'm not saying I'm obsessed per se. Just sayin: thus, the origins of the counting love.

With that said, I have many fresh numbers to report:

Pounds lost this week: TWO
Total pounds lost: 17.2

Measurements!
Chest - down 2, total loss: 3
Waist - down 0, total loss: 3
Hips - down 2, total loss: 4
Thigh - down 1, total loss: 1

Training!
Ran 5 miles in just under an hour yesterday on the wonky home treadmill. I don't know what the dillio is with this treadmill. It's an old donated thing that does this weird stoppy-starty thing that can throw your whole rhythm off. I always seem to run faster on it, but maybe I'm running slower and the speed settings are also wonky. Regardless, I ran for an hour. Next weekend is the 10k, so I'm feeling prepared. It's gonna hurt but it's gonna happen.

Rock on, I loves me some numbers. Happy long weekend everybody!

PS regarding the image: I did an image search for "fresh numbers" and this was my favourite image returned. Don't care non sequitur.


7 comments:

  1. so. . .are you more likely to spoon or be spooned?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The burning question at hand!!! I like equals. It's like toasting marshmallows. Once one side is nice and toasty, you flip over to the other side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not stepped on my scale since at LEAST last September. It's too scary. And I am eating Lindt Easter Eggs (I kicked my Dad's ASS in the egg hunt this year - which after 15 eggs in a row I am now regretting...). So I just have to say MASSIVE kudos to you for your rockin' numbers.

    I hope you will use some of your points on Friday night with me...NEXT week I will be older and thus more mature and will DEF start to make the effort to lose enough weight that I am no longer completely terrified of my scale. Wish me luck.

    Electric
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear LinnyQat:

    My 1.4 pounds loss is just the start for me. I'll report to your blog every week to note my progress.
    Congratulations on all your 17.2- woo hoo! We all have to look good for when we get our punk rock band on the road.

    Your fellow loser,

    T

    ReplyDelete
  5. I suck at this. My formerly loose jeans are now puckered at the (low) waist, and even folding over on themselves. Bad. And it's too s]damn hot and humid already to force effort. Why can't sweating just equal fat loss?

    Sucker,
    BP

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHOOPS. I started posting responses to everybody last week, during a break at work. Got busy, forgot about it, turned off my PC and only remembered hours later at home that I hadn't saved or posted my responses.

    Well anyway.

    Barbacious, it was great to see you on Friday. I loves me some liquid points. I wish you luck and strength in the battle that awaits. Dub Dub has been good for me and the other LMac. Doing it with somebody else has been a great way to stay on track and accountable.

    MoP, I can't wait to get your weekly progress reports! Losing weight is one looooong, tough slog. It really helps to do it with friends (both near and far).

    ps KICK OUT THE JAMS, MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

    BeePster, oh god what else is new. The endless cycle. I'm on the losing side right now but I know it's a lifelong thing. It would be great indeed if hot weather sweating led to fat burning. Maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've lost 1.7 catsweights! The human head is 8 catsweights.

    ReplyDelete