Friday, April 08, 2011

Apr 8: Plate licker

Are you one? On a scale of one to ten, how gross is it to do this? I have a hard time letting a plate go that still has anything on it, even sauce. I just ate my Lean Cuisine cheese cannelloni here at work and of course I used my index finger to scoop up the remains and licked my finger clean. Oh, you think, that's not as bad as actually licking the plate. I did that this morning. After I finished my cottage cheese with jam and orange sections.

I sometimes forget my surroundings. We're in this new open concept office, and I had the bowl to my face with my tongue out when I realized I might not be alone. Gah. I looked around and I don't think anybody saw. Then a couple minutes ago I caught myself again.

I don't know. Is this really offside behaviour? Do I need to stifle, in case somebody catches me in flagrante delectable? I hope not. When food is restricted, the unit value of each morsel increases significantly in value. I would buy that mutual fund.

I think it's fine to do this at home. In fact, if you don't run the dishwasher every day, which is the case in our household of two, you don't have plates with crud hardening on them. Efficient.


1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of a story of some qrazy qat lady who had uninvited guests popping over. Once she got fed up and her her qats lick the plates after a meal...and put the "clean" plates back in the cupboard.
    Problem solved!

    ReplyDelete