Thursday, March 18, 2010

Mar 18: Rump likes being rump

(or, Notes on the Miaouw)

My cat-fetishizing significant other, referred to on this blog as the Miaouw, and by other qat-related monikers elsewhere, is an appreciator of RUMP. This is a fortunate thing indeed, since mine is ample. He was already half way in love with me without ever having laid eyes on my rump (plus it was significantly less ample back in the day), so I don't worry about him taking off like a cat out of hell once I finally shed some of this asstacular caboose.

Sometimes when I'm in the kitchen preparing a meal (read: shaking out some bagged salad, pressing "START" on the microwave, etc.), he will sneak up from behind and grab one of my cheeky protuberances and growl, "rrrrrrrrUMP!" appreciatively. Man that is a nice feeling.

I can't say for sure what it is about rump that attracts the Miaouw. Perhaps he is fascinated by it because of his decided lack of rump. There's barely anything there! Instead, he has a nice layer around his middle that he refers to as his "rind". He laments rind's spillover muffin-top effect, and makes sporadic attempts to fight the "fat tax", as he calls it. (I showed him my loosening trousers the other day and he said, "hey, fat rebate!" encouragingly.)

The Miaouw could stand to lose a few pounds, it's true. But he is a fan of gnaing [ŋīng]. He likes to gnaing wings, fries, pizza, and Ruffles All Dressed chips. (The latter is a Canadian culinary delight - a potent mix of barbecue, onion, garlic and salt and vinegar flavours. Gnnnnnaing!) Used to be the Miaouw could gnaing all the time and gain no weight. Apparently he was a skinny little bitch in high school who actively tried to gain weight. This led to the acquisition of really terrible eating habits. It gives us something in common, a foundation to build on

Two summers ago, he went on his very first diet and complained bitterly to me about how difficult it was for him, going from eating whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted, to having all these restrictions on his freedom to gnaing. Moved me to tears, it did. He eventually forsook the portion-controlled approach that I use, and now uses the "skip a meal" diet plan. He eats a bag of All Dressed, and then he just... skips a meal. Then he gets on the scale and the fucker has lost 5 pounds

Meanwhile, this week I have mysteriously gained 1 or 2 pounds, depending on the scale's mood. Okay, I had some chocolate and a couple handfuls of All Dressed on Saturday, but that's weigh-in day, and I let myself have a little treat on Saturdays to keep myself in line the rest of the week. Since then, I've worked out a couple times and stayed on the straight and narrow as far as Jenny is concerned. There is no explanation for the weight gain - and DON'T say water retention because this has happened to me before and the water does not go away. Seriously, sometimes I gain weight inexplicably and I look to the next week to lose it again and... I don't.

The Miaouw was spooning me in bed this morning - sometimes he demands rump, and who am I to turn him down? - and he said, "Maybe rump doesn't want to leave. Rump likes being rump!"

If you have a more plausible explanation, I'm all ears. Anyway, it's nice to know that rump can stick around for as long as it wants to, and at least one family member will be happy about it


7 comments:

  1. MUSCLE! since i've been working out so regularly with the lasses, i've gained 10 pounds.

    BUT(T) it turns out, it's all muscle because my body fat % is 20.9% (lean, apparently!) but my weight is obese according to the BMI scale of baloneys.

    so, i'm going to go with muscle. and if you gain a few pounds of muscle, you'll always end up losing more fat weight and balancing out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well now, that is an excellent suggestion! I'm-a just going to tune out my dubiousies and pretend this is the most likely explanation! (Actually, I haven't used the space-age scale at the gym months and months, since before my fall slump, so I don't know if my body fat percentage has gone down - I will have to get Derek to weigh me when I get back to the weight I was the last time we checked, and see what my percentage is.)

    You are one lean machine! The lowest I ever hit (since starting this blog) was around 31% last spring, I believe. I look forward to joining you in arselessness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do you feel you are fat?

    You are fucking gorgeous.

    Is it like religious training, where some pervy adult grabs you before you have any critical thinking and yells, "YOU FAAAAAT BAAAAAD GIIIRRRRRLLLL!" ?

    Maybe you need to be deprogrammed.

    This is Max, by the way, I just don't want to sign in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Maxim, bless your silly heart. Yes, I was in fact brainwashed to hate my body from a very young age (I wrote a blog about it last year). But even so, if anyone were to look at my "numbers" from an objective stand point, for sure, I am overweight. Five feet, two inches and 159 pounds is overweight, period. It's okay, I know I'm gorgeous.

    You're a doll. Thanks for always verbally making love to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Linds, can you put me in touch with that Maxim? Cuz, like, I really need a verbal lover.

    Bst frnds 4 vr,
    schnanon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agree. Rump sometimes just likes to be rump. When I was a wee (l)ass pre babies, I still had a serious rump. I've filled out around it since, gained and lost boobs with the ebb and flow on the scale - but rump remains. Steadfast. Loyal.

    Thank god for ass men.

    Smooches,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. Schnag, zoiks, don't know if you'll ever see this reply, I left it so late, but... Max is the greatest. You think his verbal love is great? You should see his verbal rage. When he starts tearing into Republicans it is a shock and awe kind of experience.

    Pattiwhack! You're back! Thank god for ass men indeed. I think I am actually growing an affection for rump. Never thought I'd see the day, but it's true. Rrrrrump!

    ReplyDelete