Monday, January 19, 2009

Jan 19: Who wants to be a reality YouTube star

My original concept for this diary was to do it entirely on YouTube, as video blogs. (Freakin' YouTube calls them "vlogs", which sounds like a Klingon word or similar dorkspeak.) I recorded the first few clips and discovered that it takes for freakin ever to edit these things (I am still getting the hang of Apple's iMovie software) and also, I am not as naturally, spontaneously hilarious and interesting as I had once thought. Video is a cruel, unforgiving medium. You have no idea until you see yourself and all your rolls, rambling, muttering, stuttering, etc.

I decided I could not subject the audience to such torture, nor did I want to spend all of my time sitting on my ass making videos about my weight loss journey as opposed to getting some effin exercise, dig? So instead, I will provide you all with regular video updates, like weigh ins, measurements, maybe the odd field trip if I get a digicam.

You can find my YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/linnyqat, or just hang out here and I'll host any new videos as I create them. To wit:

Week 1 weigh-in:


Measurements:



Week 2 weigh-in:

3 comments:

  1. Ok girlfriend...true to my word, here's my measurements:

    Jugs: 44.5 in.
    Waist: 40 in
    Hips: 42 in
    Thighs: 23.5

    Most of my weight I carry in my gut. If I also measure my belly at it's fullest it would be probably the same as my highest number, above...or bigger by an inch or so.

    Overall droppage in numbers is my goal however. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rock on with the disclosure bravery Dylan! The first report is the hardest one to make. But it's also kind of exciting and empowering, knowing that it signifies taking control.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Linny! I didn't find it all that hard to post, probably b/c YOURS was the first one!!!

    Empowering though, for sure.

    I ate a really good dinner tonight and went to the gym also...good kick off day all around!

    ReplyDelete