Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Jan 27: On the couch watching Biggest Loser

Jillian is barking at some poor kid who has eaten himself to over 400 pounds. He's coughing and spluttering and hollering. I'm thinking to myself, yeah, when this is over I really should go downstairs and run for 20 minutes. Like, in homage or something. But then I think, I'm tired and it's Jaaaaanuary, wah. I don't want to. But look at this kid. There's no way around it. If I decide not to go, I'm giving up, indulging myself, and it seems like a slap in the face to this kid. I don't know why. What the hell do I owe him?

Paul Plakas takes no prisoners or whingersWhatever. I know I need to rev up the exercise. If this was X-Weighted, not D-Weighted, the fitness expert/drill sargeant, Paul Plakas, would be bitching me out and wagging his finger at me for not being more committed. If I were on the green couch watching the linnyqat episode instead of living it, I'd be nodding my head smugly while Paul predicted failure if I don't step up my game.

I've decided I'm going to rejoin GoodLife Fitness. I'll go right after work. That was a routine that worked for me in the past. I'm going to commit to doing at least two fitness classes a week, but push for three. And I am going to think seriously about getting a trainer - maybe just for 10 sessions, to get them to set me up with a routine. I will think about it. But for sure, re-join the gym.

Still, I'm not going to run tonight. Fuck you, Paul!

No comments:

Post a Comment