Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Feb 9: Shout out to Jan!

Hello edge-of-your-seaters!

It's Wednesday afternoon, which means I come bearing news of The Scale. We are friends this week: down 1.8, which is pretty not bad considering I barely moved my lazy arse all week. I gotta get going on the activity thing. I know it. I just don't feel like it, you know? Whatever, cry cry, wah wah, nothing new under this massive, luminous ball of plasma a.k.a. the sun.

So I check my Google Analytics every day, just to get a sense of my global audience. Today I had a visitor from Romania. I get these international students from time to time. I think they took a wrong turn at Albuquerque, because they don't stay long.

Ever since my mom got herself a little MacBook and a high speed internet connection (and I reminded her of the existence of this blog), I've been seeing regular visits from Kingston, Ontario. Now, it could be my nephew, studying at Queen's University, coming in from the Facebook link when I post new blogs there, but I'm thinking... wait for it... no. My sense is that it is more likely my mom. Cuz she checks every day for new content! I love it! Only thing is, sometimes I've been known to use the F word and I'm not talking about frankfurters. All this time she thought I was pure as the driven snow. I wonder, does she wrinkle her nose and turn away? Does she roll her eyes and shake her head like the sadder but wiser girl? Maybe she laughs, safe in the knowledge I cannot see her acquiescence? Perhaps I'll never know. Maybe it's best that way.

Anyway, Jan and I go way, waaaaay back when it comes to dieting woes. Currently she's rocking the JC and training for her next marathon walk in late spring. You read that right. She walks ENTIRE marathons. Well, one at a time. But holy mother of... me... guys, CAN YOU BEWIEVE IT? The woman is impressive.

So, just wanted to dedicate this blog to my mom and to say thanks for raising me up to become the blog writing goddess (bloggess?) I am today. Please feel free to pay your respects below. In fact, I encourage it.

To Jan!

PS to Mom, but also others if you are interested, Jenny Craig's latest guinea pig is the hilarious Carrie Fisher. She is writing a blog on the JC website about her experience on the program, much like Sara Rue and Valerie Bertinelli did before her, although the updates are sporadic.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Lindsay's mom! I am very impressed by your marathon walking! When LM told me about it a few months ago I couldn't believe it, so impressive!!
    Also good naming of your daughter, I myself am a Lyndsey McDonald :)

    I hope your mom comments LM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Jan! You probably already know how talented your daughter is, and now there's even more proof in this blog.

    Be proud! I know I am!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi jan, MOMF*. we loves us some lindsay, even down here in sunny (and warmer, i might add) california. tell your daughter to come visit soon. ~ terri

    * mother of my friend

    ReplyDelete
  4. L-Mac2, I'm hoping she'll comment too. She figured it out a few weeks ago and commented on a dormant page. I think she even figured out how to use her gmail account to do it. This from a woman who took several tries to learn the skill of cutting and pasting. She is coming along nicely in her 20th century skills, n'est-ce pas? Next thing you know she's aaallll over Twitter and Facebook! Go Mom!

    PS to my Mom: not only does Lyndsey have the same name as me, we are DubDub buddies and go to meetings together.

    Tracy, shucks, you're gonna give my mom a big head with all that flattery!

    Terri, not only should I come visit soon... I should bring my mom with me! We loves us some sunny California. Thanks for saying nice stuff to me and my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I guess ,since I'm the star of the week, I'll have to take a bow. Consider yourselves all hugged, and thank you for your kind words. I don't mean to brag, but I had a good week too----I hit my goal at JC (for the 20,000th time---those pounds just won't stay where I put them. Sorry I passed along my bad habits--or genes--or both, Linds. Just your luck!) My counsellor at JC is also Lindsey--very nice and worthy of the name. I'd love to visit California again en route to the Grand Canyon which I want to drag Linds down with me! Anyone else want to join us?
    I just downloaded Bejeweled 3 on my Mac, so now I don,t have to turn over to Windows to play my favorite time-waster. Great game!
    Congrats on your progress little one! Keep up the good work! xomom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mom, you made it! Congrats on hitting your goal! I hope the 20,000th time is the charm. Bejewled 3! Wow, you are so modern!! xoxoLinds

    TeriWell you read it here first! She plans to drag me down the Grand Canyon. We will plot our route to Arizona via San Francisco, somehow. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jan! I want to be dragged to the Grand Canyon, me! me! Too bad my next big trip is likely to be to Disneyland...

    I would love to see you some time soon.

    xo
    shannon p

    ReplyDelete
  8. if you drag lindsay down to the grand canyon, is she going to have to run to the top? cuz if so, i'm *not* going!

    ReplyDelete