Thursday, February 24, 2011

Feb 24: Triumph of the lack of will

Hey chunky monkeys,

I finally did it. Last night, I broke my lazy streak and went to the gym after work. It had been weeks of slothing on the green couch, defiantly refusing to break a sweat. There were even times when I felt the tingly energy of wanting to exercise, and somehow found a way to talk myself out of it. I don't know. It's like the rest of my brain was being held prisoner by some sort of evil dictatorship, quashing any urges to be productive or healthy or do anything that might lead to happiness. My own inner Moammar. I half-expected myself to randomly open fire on myself, I swear. "Quit killin' yerself!"

Well anyway. I didn't get weighed last week because there was a mysterious weight gain situation on my home scale that I suspect was related to medication. I knew I'd eaten fine, so I didn't want to ignite the protesters in my brain with a disappointing result. So this week I went in, and WTF, I'm the same weight I was two weeks ago. IRRITATING!

Well, the heretofore peaceful protesters rallied and Moammar is now in hiding somewhere in the recesses of my brain. I went to the gym last night, sweated profusely, and when I weighed myself this a.m., the people of Lindsay rejoiced in our newfound freedom from the Tyranny of the Green Couch!

Going to the gym after work again tonight, and after that, I'm headed to Wisconsin to kick Scott Walker in the ASS. Not really but boy would I ever like to.

SOLIDARITY FOREVER.


2 comments:

  1. Why don't you just have a few bouts of Kitty Crazy Time? Just race around the house, jumping all over the place, running from room to room, and at the end, you just do some grooming.

    Suggestions:
    -bounce off of couch or wall
    -skid on tile while making a sharp turn
    -play 'hot lava' game by crossing a room without touching the floor
    -jump on top of door
    -run up and down the hallway
    -chair-table-windowsill
    -race across the top of the tv
    -writhe and grab at stuff under couch/chair/bed
    -claw at whatever is handy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Lola- Sounds like you and Pippy Longstocking have a few games in common!

    Hey, Linds, and your inner Moammar- Gods, at least he doesn`t make you give endless, rambling speeches that you are obliged to broadcast on the state television station (DWTV?).

    Maybe we can brainwash our little inner tyrants and turn their dictates to our favour: endless, rambling encouragements to sing, dance, and be happy about our shapely deluxe figures. Yes!

    Love to you,
    rvltn grl
    in sttn

    ReplyDelete