Monday, January 24, 2011

Jan 24: Hello Monday

Greetings, pork belly futures, or should I say soon-to-be-pasts,

How was the weekend? I am pleased to report that I ran (okay, yogged) 3 miles on Saturday and 2 miles on Sunday. I did 3 and 1's (run 3 mins; walk 1), which helped considerably. The last time I got on the treadmill was a couple weeks ago, when I first started back on the straight but not narrow lifestyle, and after 10 minutes (no walkies), my asthma was such that I could not continue. Instead I increased the incline and walked for 20 more minutes. It was hard not to feel dejected, but I soldiered on.

Over the past two weeks, I've gone to the gym on average twice a week, and done an hour of cardio each time. Mindful of my wheezing, tubnacious stature, I didn't push myself to go too, too hard. Relied on my trusty heart rate monitor to assuage any guilty concerns I wasn't pushing myself hard enough. When your watch is beeping like a neglected car alarm for your entire workout, you take it as a sign that it's okay to do the elliptical at level 3 instead of your customary level 6. Anyway, all this to say, my cardio endurance or capacity or whatever is definitely improving, which is a very good feeling indeed. I have big plans to increase my gym attendance this week to 3 times a week, plus runs on the shitty warped treadmill in my building that gives me massive static shocks from the dry weather.

Eating has also been awesome. I even went out on Friday night with the Miaouw and managed to get mildly sloshed, have dinner, and only use 2 of my flex points. I drank white wine and ate a salad with salmon and dressing primly on the side. Excellent work. Also braved the insanely cold weather yesterday (although I did not go so far as to run an 8k race like my rockin friend The Torq - photos on Facebook looked like she was doing a deep sea dive in all the head-to-toe gear she was wearing) to go to the grocery store and stock up on low-point treats to stave off any pending feelings of deprivation. My freezer runneth over.

So overall I am feeling PDG (pretty damn good). Just wanted you all to know that. Anybody out there need me to tell them how damn good they are? I am more than happy to do so.

x's and o's for all y'all!

5 comments:

  1. nice post! x's and o's backatcha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am super impressed on your minimal use of flex points while eating out! and with wine!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trish, just want you to know, even though you didn't ask for it, how damn good you are.

    L-mac2, you, too, are damn good! I was totally surprised at my own good behaviour on Friday night, especially with the Miaouw's french fries just inches away from my pudgy little fingers! That's what McCains Low Fat Superfries are for. Well, that or land filler.

    Rock on to all of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to you - nicely done, my friend! And, gee, thanks for naming me in your post. I'm honoured!
    The Torq

    ReplyDelete
  5. Torq, given your blistering 8k time of 47 minutes in MINUS 30 DEGREE TEMPERATURES, allow me to state that you, my friend, are EDG (exceedingly damn good).

    ReplyDelete