Thursday, September 22, 2011

Sep 22: Break on through to the other side!

Well good gracious you adorable weblets!

This week, a significant milestone: re-entry into the 140s zone. Whoa, nelly it's been ages since I've been here. Place looks pretty much the same way I left it. Put on some old size 12 pants this a.m. and they not only fit, they were comfortably roomy. Ladies and gentleman, we have reached the closet re-integration stage. I am starting to wear stuff I haven't even looked at in 3 years. Flipside is, I tried to wear a skirt I bought in January and it was resting on my hips. Nice skirt, too. Ah well, these are problems I don't mind having

So yeah. Lost 2.8 in the last 2 weeks, putting me at 149.8. I love that - just barely teetering on the side of the 140s, but hellz, I'll take it. This is the lowest I have been since starting this blog so I'm feeling pretty optimistic

The C25K thing is fantastic. I'm in week 5 now, which is run 5 mins, walk 3, run 5, walk 3, run 5. Next week I have to run 8 mins. And then all of a sudden it jumps to running 25, with no walk breaks. WTF? I am trying not to panic at the thought of it. I've been doing a 5k run on a treadmill once a week, in addition to the three outdoor runs with the C25K app, so I can be ready for my 5K run at the end of October. My cardio/lung capacity is definitely improving, and I think the extra exercise may be boosting my metabolism too.

I celebrated by buying new shoes.


11 comments:

  1. Congrats! So glad to be a part of this with you, our time has come and we've made change!
    October 5k is going to be epic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. L-Mac, is that you? Rock on. Even if it isn't you. I am very excited to reach the 5K race. In some ways, it feels like this will be more of an accomplishment than the Sporting Life 10k, just because I feel like I'm doing a proper training program this time around, not just farting around on a treadmill.

    It has indeed been great to have a partner throughout this epic journey. I feel like I've had dozens, what with all the people who've encouraged and commiserated throughout, but it's that much more meaningful when you have someone just a couple steps away from you at work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that rocks! keep up the good work!
    trish

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes that is me, I have so many online personas it's hard to keep up, i know - lmac2

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heh! Reminds me of a certain black ops boyfriend of mine...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, don't worry about the jump to 25 min. Just keep going, you will do it...the program really does set you up nicely to be able to do what it sets before you!

    The app I used had the jump in week 5 to 20 min, but I had been running 10 min at a time for a few workouts first. Same dif.

    Awesome news! I'm a few weeks away from my teetering edge into the 140's and haven't been below where I am TODAY in all my adult years. Which means that right now, I am at my lowest adult weight, and shrinking.

    WOOT!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dude! You and me both!! Okay I made it to 178 but same story otherwise, size 12, long lost friends, new things too big. Yay us!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. GodDAMMIT we are awesome!!

    I do worry about jumping from 8 mins to 25 mins though. I mean, I just tell myself to go as slow as I need to, but my problem with running as always been about the lung capacity thing. I get out of breath and it makes me panicky. This may also impact on my breathing. So I need to just relax and be patient and stay with it. If I have to take a walking break, I will try to stick with 10 and 1s. But that's still a couple weeks off, so I'll just concentrate on where I'm at right now.

    Congrats once again on your awesome placement in the 5k you ran last weekend! Love the lovely friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, wait a second. FORGOT TO SAY (to dae) that I am totally thrilled for you and your continuing progress. It took us a couple years but it seems like it's coming together for us at the same time and I DIG THAT!

    now as to you, Ms. Taarnaaaaggggghh, what is going on with this impressive synchronicity?! Dang, this is just pawesome news. I am so thrilled that we are having this experience together. It doesn't always work out that way. Love us. We are the champions.

    ReplyDelete
  10. woohoo!!! keep up the good work!

    -little bitty ditch

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pawesome, not awesome! ==3 Did someone mention black ops. this identity is more suited for grey ops.

    ReplyDelete