Thursday, September 01, 2011

Sep 1: Unprecedented!

Good Thursday, you chubby delights!

I am back from a week of fellowshipping with some of the great people of our time. Shout out to Snag, Marathon Jan, Pants, LuckyDawg, the girls, and of course, the Big Miaouw.

I am also back from the typically dreaded post-vacation weigh in at Dub Dub. You'd better sit down for this. Not only did I NOT gain weight, not only did I LOSE the extra 1.2 pounds that had ignorantly crept back onto my child-bearing hips that have never borne any creatures... in fact I lost 2.2 pounds! OUTSTANDING!

I had a really full 11 days of vacation, starting with a visit to the Canadian National Exhibition with the Miaouw. We indulged in a plate of what I can only describe as "primal" french fries, then wandered the infamous Food Building, aghast and yet drooling at the excess surrounding us.

We had planned to emulate Templeton the Rat from Charlotte's Web, but found we just didn't have the (expandable) stomach for it. So we skipped the donut cheeseburger, the deep fried peanut butter and jam sandwiches, and we even managed to say no to the deep fried butter. This towering show of strength, combined with about 3.5 hours of walking, resulted in actual weight loss the following morning. What a way to start the vacation!

I spent a couple of days in Kingston, visiting with my oldest and dearest fwiend, Snag, and my mom. Counted my points, went out for Week 2, Day 1 C25K run. Proceeded to a few days in New York with beloved Pants and her two beautiful daughters. Went out for Week 2, Day 2 run (with the Miaouw in tow!) on a trail through the beautiful Rockefeller State Park Preserve where we saw 5 deer. Delightful!

Hurricane Irene kept me in New York a couple days longer than expected, and at that point, I confess, I stopped tracking my points, and I didn't do my Week 2, Day 3 run. But I didn't go apeshit or anything. I probably was a few points over for the whole week, including using up my activity points, but it was well worth it. Seriously guys, I ate pizza, Indian, Mexican, and even McDonald's in a moment of desperation during travel. Hard to believe I still lost weight.

This week I am repeating Week 2 of the C25K, just to get back into my routine. So far so good.

I am now .4 pounds away from a 30 pound weight loss. Right on!






5 comments:

  1. Congrats on showing vacation that it wasn't going to toss some extra pounds your way!

    I started taking Capoeira and after the first class, I really should get in shape before attempting something like Capoeira.

    With all the madness of this summer and lots of time on the patio eating chips and drinking beer has added to my waistline. Going to have to start trimming that before it spreads to my ass. That whole peanut butter pie last weekend probably didn't help either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chico, thanks for the support as always. Thanks also for getting flabby. It's a huge relief to the rest of us. Very sorry to hear you're going to have to cut back to half peanut butter pies in the future. Life isn't fair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey linnybabe! great news -- vacation and weight loss! w00t hoo! (<<<<extra helping of cheers.) stay away from these monsters:
    http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/food/the-1-690-calorie-mac-n-cheeseburger-delicious-or-disgusting-2537060/

    ~ terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again, amazing job on keeping it real a la vacation mode!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pawesome sauce! (Hold the sauce) So glad this fair city didn't derail you! Missing you LinnyQ!

    ReplyDelete