Thursday, June 17, 2010

Jun 17: Just hey-sayin

Heya folks,

Yeah, I got nuthin. Last week I gained .4, so I am still clinging stubbornly to the 150s. It's fun here! You should try it. Have some ice cream. Or, some celery, depending. God aren't you sick of it? I know I am. At the same time, after awhile, I find I settle into a rhythm. I am sick of it mattering so much to me though. So I pretend that it doesn't. Fake it to make it. Sometimes that even works.

Booty Boot Camp fucking hurts like a motherfuck. Sorry Christians and under-agers, but it's the truth. Ah well. There is satisfaction in getting through a class, to be sure. I haaaate when I look around because I am taking a break when my gluteous is maximussed out, and I see all these skinny ...young ladies... still cheerily lifting their tiny asses off the ground. At such times I comfort myself with the fact that I am out there AT ALL. (Which I wasn't, yesterday. Sigh. I felt as though I'd cheated on my taxes or littered or something.)

On Monday I did 45 mins of cardio before Bootcamp, which I thought was superior work. I went to the gym for another 45 mins of cardio on Tuesday, and was set to repeat the pre-Bootcamp cardio last night, when suddenly I was hit with a wave of exhaustion. I went home with the intention of napping and then doing a run on the treadmill later in the evening instead. Anybody laying odds on how that worked out? (Tip: go for the safe bet.)

So tonight I have plans to do some sort of something or other. And tomorrow, glorious Summer Friday (my office has summer flex hours - we work 45 mins longer for 9 days and get the 10th off, i.e. every other Friday) my plan is to get out my beautiful, dusty Specialized bike (that's me posing with it during a bike tour of British Columbia in 2003) and go for a loooooong bike ride on Lake Ontario's glistening-if-you-don't-look-too-closely shoreline.

And then on Saturday I will get weighed in BUT I TOTALLY DON'T CARE IF I HIT THE 140s.

Have a great weekend fwiends.


2 comments:

  1. fwiend. my original comment was bah-leted and i can't remember what it said, but it was filled with pride and inspiring messages...damnit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaawww, wratha!! Double-squee with mushy hugs on top. So glad somebody said hey back! Why for no comments for the linny, I wondered?

    Anyway, while you were commenting and being proud, I was out there earning it. I did indeed go for a bike ride on the waterfront today. Around 40k, so not exactly epic. But it was SO good to be out on my bike again. Glorious Summer Fridays!

    ReplyDelete