Saturday, August 29, 2009

Aug 29: Aaah, heh heh... whoops?

Last night I OD'ed on Atkins bars. I guess it could have been worse. I still have bars left today. Also I didn't go out and indulge in actual carbicide. (The bars are 2-3 net carbs each, which makes the whole thing pretty low impact, big picture speaking.) I sure thought about it. But I just kept thinking about all that sugar running through my veins, how sick I would probably feel (how sick I already felt), and ultimately I talked myself out of it. Victory in the face of defeat (she mutters grimly).

The thing is, these bars are packed with dietary fibre. Like, between 8 and 11 grams each. And... I kinda lost track of how many I ate at around... um... 7. So after I hoovered the last two, I sat back and clutched my sated belly and endured a night of romance-killing gas. Delightful.

The best (read: crazymakingest) part was that this morning I was down half a pound. I was LOL at my scale.


8 comments:

  1. PS I am still doing very well with ditching the aspartame. I did have a Diet Coke with dinner tonight - I was out at a Vietnamese restaurant with a friend and I felt like I wanted something more than water to wash down the yummy grilled pork and shrimp.

    PPS I resisted the TWO CUPS OF DELICIOUSH WHITE RICE. Yay, me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you know why I like to be on my perches...to avoid the methane! I'm still awaiting my puma diet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure it's such a good idea to encourage the puma in you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My own personal LOL scale moment: Today I found myself on my scale while EATING A SLICE OF PIZZA. It was like I went into some weird trance and woke up looking from the number on the scale to the piece of pizza thinking, "What the hell am I doing?!?!?(interrobang infinity)

    Keep on keeping on, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy jeez, stop everything. My world has been turned upside down. I'm gonna hack the dictionary.com site and insert a picture of you on the page for "hero".

    I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know this. I like to pop a prune or two. Once in a while I forget what they are and pop 10 of them. So tasty! Then I pay.

    XO,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patti, prunes! Never got into 'em. Probably much better for you than Atkins bars. Do they make you fart long and loud in bed, or worse, SBD in meetings? Uggghh.

    0verq@t you incorrigible fuzzball! Just keep it in the litter box and we're okay.

    ReplyDelete