Thursday, July 09, 2009

Jul 9: Resentment

I would have to say one of my greatest obstacles in trying to lose weight is the resentment I feel at having to restrict my diet. It's tricky though. If I give voice to my resentment, it is initially superceded by embarrassment. One in six people in the world are hungry and I'm pissed that I can't eat 5000 calories a day and just enjoy it. I hate it when I catch myself behaving like a spoiled, entitled, ungrateful fatass.

Eventually the liberal guilt triggers the resentment all over again, and I'm a dog chasing my tail until I finally just break down and order pizza and wings. Which is what I did last night.

6 comments:

  1. Meows,
    I just like the left-pawed side of your dietgram.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lola! nuzzle. Scritches!

    Where is everybody? I was soooo impressed with my Photoshopping here.

    This is going to make me angry. And you know what happens when I get angry.

    NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coolio on your Linnysynthesis diagram (play on high school photosynthesis diagram). I was very impressed. Since my hubby is now blogging, I'll have to show him the fun things he can do with his. Anyway, congratulations on your newley-renewley celebration! It was a blast and the champaign was lovely. Where do we send the gifts?

    Count me in, but I'm not as brave as you so I will not be so stating on You Tube. Just call me ChickenKat if you want, but I still aint doing it. I'll join you in 10 pounds by September.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling Kat! Thanks for the props and for the very excellent shout-out to high school science classes. What a breath of fresh oxygen!

    I LOVE that you are signing up for 10 pounds by September! I never do well when I set goals like this for myself, but I rarely put them out there on a website - they are usually just in my head. A happy reminder: we have until mid-late September which buys us some time. (The 10k is Sep 20.) Tomorrow I will do my official weigh in and start counting from there. (My weight is all kerblooey because of Last Days partying last week - I have shaved off 3 pounds since Sunday, probably just from righting my system again.)

    Glad you had fun at the party. As for gifts, why not donate to your local animal shelter in lieu of presents.

    xoxo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We ARE our local animal shelter LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heh! Well why don't y'all just give yourselves a big pat on the back in honour of me and my lovely bride! xo

    ReplyDelete