Wednesday, May 06, 2009

May 6: video highlights from Sporting Life 10k run

Hi guys!

Okay, I finally finished the damn video. I mean, the blessed video. One thing I didn't really explain in the video is the lack of footage of me finishing. (I kind of explained it already in my last blog when I mentioned the Miaouw's epic battle with the TTC...)

Anyway, yeah, my cameraman was unable to get to the finish line in time, what with my lightening fast speed combined with the epic fail of Toronto's public transit system on Sunday mornings. I felt so bad about that; after he'd made certain he could be here for the race and everything. Well, his presence here all week was wonderful and we had a blast and I was so grateful to have him here. He is making noises about joining me for the Toronto Island 10k run in September. Cool!

Anyway, blah, blah, blah, here's the viddie!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, you really got 'er done! I'm so impressed. And here I was trying to be a bad influence with all that beer...
    The last time I ran on a regular basis was in high school, and I always finished dead last, even behind the asthmatics and smokers and people puking up blood. I did experience a runner's high exactly once though, and that made feeling like a loser most of the time totally worth it.
    Goals, yeah, gotta get me some of those!

    Congrats again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Joy, I am still waiting for this fabled runner's high. Once or twice I thought I might have caught a tinge of it, but it turned out I was just really, really happy I hadn't died.

    Thanks for the congrats, and for drinking beers with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your awesomeness truly runneth over and that runner's high? That's more like you're the one who's keeping her lunch down while those around you are blowing beets.

    Schadenfreude, hell yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hee, sludj... there was a lot of pink puke lining the streets of Toronto but I'm happy to say none of it had the mark of Noise. Anyway, thanks for saying stuff and being awesome yerself

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linnyqat, I've been meaning to write you personally but still haven't gotten to.....but for now please just know I am so happy for your triumph last Sunday and so so so very proud of you. It sounds silly or sappy, but thinking of you finishing that race, I still have little tears in my eyes. You are indeed a champion, dear friend. xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Diane, thanks again for all your support along the way, most especially for pledging the kiddies so they can have fun at Camp Ooch this summer. I love your sappiness, it's great! It makes me really, really happy, so thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. linnyqat's miaouw! i finally made it over here. maybe my delay in arriving to this five-month long party says an awful lot about my own state. anyways, just wanted to say how much i admire you for laying yourself out here -- not just physically but emotionally as well. congrats on not just running but finishing this run. high paws!!

    love you ~ terri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, Terri, you made it!!! Thanks for always encouraging me and making the risk of "laying myself out there" so worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete