Tuesday, May 11, 2010

May 11: Back up on the horse-wagon

Hello my little two-bite brownies,

[Aside: after a quick perusal of the Goog, it seems that Homestyle Two Bite Brownies are a Canadian delicacy, available in some US markets, but not pervasively. One less delicioush temptation for my American fwiends to deal with...]

Well anyway. Now that I've made myself crave. Just a quick check in. I gained .4 this week, which, considering my steely lack of determination last week is not bad. I have re-doubled my efforts this week (oh, except I finished off the dregs of the Miaouw's bag of Ringolo's last night. And some sort of nomtastic goodies in the kitchen at work yesterday. Pawdammit, everywhere I turn I am confronted by delicioushnesh.)

Anyway, inspired by my colleague and namesake L-Mac2, I have decided this will be a week of perspiration. Ran on Sunday night, worked out hard yesterday with Derek, and tonight I have big plans to go to a group exercise class at Good Life. Not sure which one/which location yet. If I don't do that, I will go home and run. But I thought it would be good to change it up a bit. Plus, the group ex classes are an hour, which I am less likely to do on my own, je confess. I'm looking at Body Pump, which combines light weights with cardio. Or maybe Body Combat: a-judo, a chop-chop-chop! I like the kicking and punching business.

Anyway, the big plan is to work out in some capacity every day this week. It's mighty do-able. I gotta give thanks to my girl L-Mac2 for her shining example. I love how we all inspire each other to do more.

So, what are you going to do this week to achieve the perspiration goal? (I've decided my goal shall be your goal. Unless you don't want to.) If you're still tied to your couch (no judgies! I love the greencouch), here's something to consider: The Couch Potato Workout. I've been meaning to try it for awhile. Anyway, it's better than nothing!

Did I say this was a quick check in? Stop talking! (Not you. Please, continue to talk.)


4 comments:

  1. UPDATE: Check me out bitches! I just signed up for the June-July session of Booty Bootcamp. I'm-a gonna git my booty kicked. It will be interesting to see if my base fitness level has improved since the last time I did the class, back in October 2008.

    I am psyched. The cost for 16 classes is just under 300 bucks. A durn sight cheaper than personal training. Ah, but no Miyagi. Sadpaws.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm honoured to be your inspiration! and mentioned several times in this blog post!

    Body Pump is pretty kick ass, hard, but awesome. You'll leave feeling strong and accomplished! If it's your first time, use light weights, it's harder than you will first think, and if you're like me, get there early to get a prime spot at the back of the room :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you girls effing ROCK.

    please excuse me, i'm heading out for a 4.9k run with claire and rhea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LMac2, it is good indeed to give the shout-outs to those who inspire us. I haven't made it out to Body Pump yet, for sure I will make it happen when my sessions with Derek run out (only 3 left - sadpaws). I will report back on how it goes (from the back of the room, natch).

    wratha, aw come on, of COURSE we rock! Look who's talking!

    ReplyDelete