Monday, April 26, 2010

Apr 26: Return of the Stubby Hourglass

Wouldja lookit the date on this post? It's almost MAY! It's a windy day here in Toronto and on my walk to work I looked up and saw a big old tree, covered in glorious green leaves, rustling and swaying to and fro, and it just made me beam. Love this time of year! Blossoms on the trees everywhere too. Fabulous.

Okay, so on Saturday I had my monthly measurements taken. In addition to the .8 of a pound lost, bringing the grand total to 15.4, I was heartened to learn I've lost another 2 inches off my waist, plus an inch off the pooch and an inch off the gazongas as well. The hips remain stubbornly shapely. Rump likes being rump!

Since the start of February, I've lost seven inches from my waist! Wow. My middle was getting pretty thickly there. My measurements as of Saturday are 38-30-41. (Maybe 41.5?) If I was 4 or 5 inches taller, that actually wouldn't be too bad! But for now, I'm pretty pleased - at least everything is in proportion. Total inches lost all over is 19. But I take this number with a grain of salt because they now measure the abdomen/pooch, which means you get another bunch of inches to add to your overall total that once went un-tracked. Still, though, it is great to see the progress represented numerically: NINETEEN! NINETEEN INCHES OF FAT REMOVED, AH, HA, HA, HAAAAAAAAA!

Okay so this Sunday is the big 10k run. I'm feeling ready - last night I ran 5.5 miles (10k is about 6.2 miles), in a blistering time of 57:51. I don't know how it's going to go, running outside. Last year I was surprised by how much faster I ran than I had been training/expecting. I think a lot of it is the adrenaline, the excitement of the event, being surrounded by all these other runners, the energy you get from one another. I would like to better my time from last year (1:09:07) by 4-5 minutes if possible. I feel like I've been training a lot stronger and faster than I was last year. But I realize that's a lot of time to shave. I'll be happy with any time that is an improvement on last year.

Rock on kiddiewinks!



3 comments:

  1. Have I ever mentioned I sometimes go around my house counting things like the count?!
    Wow 19 inches! that's awesome, and 7 from your waist! I'm going home to measure, screw the scale!

    Good luck on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Lindsay. Nineteen inches -- sheesh, that's a lot. Proud of you. (But you're so darn gorgeous in any case.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. L-Mac2, well, you know I love to count! For sure, I am always looking for any kind of numerical encouragement by which to mark my progress. I don't know. I find it's a distraction from the hunger. Heh. Thanks for the encouragement. I'm looking forward to encouraging you right back. We are the L-Macs and we will destroy you. (Speaking to the fat molecules. And... anybody who gets in our way. But... not necessarily in that order.)

    jan, aw, thanks! I'm proud of me too. The fall and winter was SO shitty. It's good to bounce back. And it's REALLY good to have friends on my side. Cheers darling. I'll catch ya at 102 Maple Avenue!

    ReplyDelete